I have a problem in our area whereby multiple users who have upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro X are unable to print. They are specifically printing to networked printers that accept department codes. We have set the department code up in the printing presets menu of the printer, and this function works for all programs (Safari, MS Office, Firefox) except Acrobat Pro X. Note: it used to work with Acrobat Pro 9. We have performed all updates of OS X 10.6.8, as well as updating Pro X to version 10.1.1 – the latest at this point. The only work around we have found so far is as follows: (i’ve put screen shots for each step below this to clarify)
1. When selecting a pdf to print, the print dialogue box then opens. The user then has to select the ‘Printer…’ button in the centre bottom of the box.
2. The next box that opens shows the printer that is selected, along with the the correct presets used in other programs, the user has to then Select Print.
3. The user then has to click OK in the next menu for Acrobat Pro to use the presets when printing.
What i don’t get is why Acrobat Pro X doesn’t use these settings by default when every other application does? When you click the “Printer…” button it even shows the correct settings that we want the printer to use by default (the user doesn’t have to change the preset to the correct one e.g. Charts and graphs as it’s already been selected) but unless we actually go through this process of selecting “Printer…” and then pushing “Print” and then pushing “OK” it won’t use the preset settings?! Please help!
Thanks for reporting this problem. This is listed as a known issue at our end and we might be providing a fix for this one. Though, we cannot commit on the fix date and it is not planned for any near future.
I have updated to Acrobat Pro X (10.1.1) and have not been able to print since. All other applications print without trouble. I have to use Preview to print pdf documents. I’ve tried installing the latest driver for the printer, uninstalling/reinstalling both printer and Acrobat. When I try to print, I get a Problem Report for Acrobat, partial screen shot attached.
Where do I go from here? I must be missing something (?easy).
Is this fix on the calendar yet? It is a huge inconvenience not being able to use print presets. In addition, it ends up too often in a huge waste of paper as things are always coming out printed wrong.
We really need printer presets to be an option on the first dialogue page!!!!
Same here. I have APX 10.1.1 and OS X 10.6.8 and APX crashes everytime with HUGE report like the one shown above.
- How to install just the Adobe 7 Writer PDF printer
- Adobe acrobat x and 9 professional convert landscape to portrait in Mac 10.6
- What is best printer profile for less-awesome HP printers?
- Does Adobe Acrobat Pro or Reader mount all listed network folders in Mac OS X 10.6?
- Is there a compatibility between Acrobat Pro 7 and Snow Leopard ?
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.